Sunday, October 3, 2010

Candi's Recovery - Another Guest Blog!

I can't begin to tell you how much Josh's gift means to me. Although I'm still very weak, I am no longer on dialysis and that is a WONDERFUL feeling! No more going to bed at 9:00 pm every night and no more waking up before dialysis is over and having to lay there until the machine signals me that I can get up. After only 12 days, the freedom is amazing - I hadn't realized how much I missed it! If I can't sleep, I can now get up, go downstairs and read (from my amazing Kindle that the folks at News & Messenger and Culpeper Star-Exponent bought me) or I can watch TV. I can also travel without taking my machine and all the supplies with me. We'll be heading to Saluda next weekend for a long weekend - I can't wait!

I can also have Diet Coke again. Colas are very high in phosphorous, as is chocolate. Phosphorous is one thing that dialysis can't handle. But now that I am no longer on dialysis, I can have my diet cokes and I can have chocolate (although those that know me know that I sneaked chocolate every now and then even while on dialysis). Now I don't have to sneak. Also, when I eat anything, I no longer have to take two very large pills called Renvela. That was tough to get used to at first - not that I enjoyed taking the Renvela - it was just hard to get out of the habit. But it's a very good habit to be able to break!

Josh is one of the most extraordinary people that I will ever know. He gave me a kidney, which is giving me my life back. What better gift could one ask for? His mom is pretty extraordinary too - she's an amazing woman who has raised an amazing son.

I haven't been able to walk very far yet - between the rain, the pain, and my lack of strength - but I'll be starting my walking regimen tomorrow after my next clinic appointment. At my last clinic appointment, I found out that my kidney levels are at 0.6! This is fantastic - even for someone without a transplant! I just pray that both Josh and I will stay this healthy the rest of our lives! My goal is to celebrate my 77th birthday with Josh's kidney still working. I know that may sound young to some of you, but that's 24 years from now! That's a lifetime to me - one that I didn't expect to have with dialysis. Thank you Josh for my life!

By the way - has anyone noticed that I still call it Josh's kidney? I guess it will always be that to me!

Thank you to all who prayed for us. Please continue to keep us both in your prayers.

7 comments:

  1. Donate your Kidney with the sum of $450,000.00 in Kokilaben Hospital India ,Email: kokilabendhirubhaihospital@gmail.com
    WhatsApp +91 7795833215

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! friends out there I give a Testimony about a doctors who buy kidney for money

      My name is (MarĂ­a Casco ) From Ibarra Ecuador four months ago I was looking for a place we to sell my kidney due to very poor economy condition I wrote to all most all the hospital in the Internet looking for where to sell my kidney non of the hospital answered my request, so one day I was just going to the Internet where I saw a lady Testimony online about a doctors who buy kidney so I quickly wrote to the doctor hospital, a doctor answered name Dr benson christen from the hospital department I told the doctor I wanted to sell my kidney to the my bad economy conditions the doctor inform me that I had to pay a kidney registration fee so he can get my kidney registry for sale , he ask me to pay 100$ dollars for it which I paid after then I was deposited my kidney half payment amount to account which was 400,000$ I was very happy here , the doctor inform me that my transplants is been done in (Hospital Metropolitano ) Quito, Ecuador my kidney transplants is done safely, I am back home safe and sound conditions all thanks to the good Doctor benson christen for those of my friends out there that are still interested in selling here I live the hospital email (kelinahospita01@gmail.com)or by the doctors WhatsApp numbers (+2348136286824, )

      Here I live my personal WhatsApp number just in case you want to know how my process was! WhatsApp +593 98 453 1143 Best regards to all

      Delete

  2. We are urgently in need of A , B , O blood group (kidnney) 0RGANS, in global hospitals group india email us for more details Email: onlinecareunit@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kidney urgently needed with good price of $750,000. If you want to sell your kidney,contact us on whatsApp.
    call number: +380662082990
    WhatsApp:+380662082990
    Email: dialysiscentes@gmail.com
    Dr. M. Kolesnyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you need a loan to pay off Bills?
    Do you need a loan?
    Do you need Personal Loan?
    Business Expansion Loan?
    Business Start-up, Education,
    Debt Consolidation Loan
    Hard Money Loans
    Loan for any thing ?
    We offer loan at low interest rate of 2%
    Loan with no credit check,
    email: abdullahibrahimlender@gmail.com
    whatspp Number +918929490461
    Mr Abdullah Ibrahim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you need a loan to pay off Bills?
    Do you need a loan?
    Do you need Personal Loan?
    Business Expansion Loan?
    Business Start-up, Education,
    Debt Consolidation Loan
    Hard Money Loans
    Loan for any thing ?
    We offer loan at low interest rate of 2%
    Loan with no credit check,
    email: abdullahibrahimlender@gmail.com
    whatspp Number +918929490461
    Mr Abdullah Ibrahim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Help us make more transplants possible!
    We are currently in need of kidney donors for urgent transplant, to help patients who face lifetime dialysis problems unless they undergo kidney transplant. Here we offer financial reward to interested donors. kindly contact us at: kidneytrspctr@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete