Saturday, October 2, 2010

Recovery Day 10 - Driving

I just hopped in my truck (well, maybe "hopped" is a stretch - more like "I slowly climbed into my truck") to see how it felt to press the brake (this was my surgeon's suggestion). It felt fine so I drove around the block a few times (also the surgeon's suggestion).

I am now 100% confident that I can drive safely but I must admit, I was hurting a little by the time I arrived back home.  It really isn't much different than the pain that I experience after riding in a car for a while.  I don't think I would want to do anything more than a short trip at this point...but it will get me to church and back tomorrow!  This is good news for Monday as well as I should be able to drive to work and then come home if I can't make it a full day.
 
Last night I ventured out for my first outdoor walk.  My 11 year old niece, Tessa, "babysat" me (thanks Tessa!) on the walk to make sure I didn't end up in a ditch somewhere.  I only made it to the end of our street and back (a little over a half mile) before feeling like it was time to stop.  It hurt but still felt great to get outside!
 
So tomorrow I have church, Monday I have at least a half day at work, and then Tuesday I have my return to Fairfax to see the surgeon and have some bloodwork taken to make sure all is still well.  Hopefully life will be mostly back to normal by Wednesday!

5 comments:

  1. Donate your Kidney with the sum of $450,000.00 in Kokilaben Hospital India ,Email: kokilabendhirubhaihospital@gmail.com
    WhatsApp +91 7795833215

    ReplyDelete

  2. We are urgently in need of A , B , O blood group (kidnney) 0RGANS, in global hospitals group india email us for more details Email: onlinecareunit@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kidney urgently needed with good price of $750,000. If you want to sell your kidney,contact us on whatsApp.
    call number: +380662082990
    WhatsApp:+380662082990
    Email: dialysiscentes@gmail.com
    Dr. M. Kolesnyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you need a loan to pay off Bills?
    Do you need a loan?
    Do you need Personal Loan?
    Business Expansion Loan?
    Business Start-up, Education,
    Debt Consolidation Loan
    Hard Money Loans
    Loan for any thing ?
    We offer loan at low interest rate of 2%
    Loan with no credit check,
    email: abdullahibrahimlender@gmail.com
    whatspp Number +918929490461
    Mr Abdullah Ibrahim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you need a loan to pay off Bills?
    Do you need a loan?
    Do you need Personal Loan?
    Business Expansion Loan?
    Business Start-up, Education,
    Debt Consolidation Loan
    Hard Money Loans
    Loan for any thing ?
    We offer loan at low interest rate of 2%
    Loan with no credit check,
    email: abdullahibrahimlender@gmail.com
    whatspp Number +918929490461
    Mr Abdullah Ibrahim

    ReplyDelete